1. Innovation: Everyday nutrition to functional nutrition
- Identify opportunities in the dairy beverage space by transforming milk from the “everyday nutrition” space to the “functional nutrition space” (e.g. fiber, low acid probiotics, convergence beverages)
- Novel scalable processes to deliver lactose free milk in a more efficient manner compared to current commercial technologies.
- Deliver sustainable packaging opportunities (currently used in other domains or novel) for fluid milk while maintaining taste and quality.
- Developing models to predict beverage stability (processing/shelf) of high protein dairy beverages: Influence of ingredients and processing parameters.